Sunday, May 24, 2009

A VISIT FROM DAP: Vision Magazine

When I was in Berkeley last week I found (unsurprisingly) a copy of Vision Magazine, "Catalyst for Conscious Living" sitting on a coffeshop table. It was a hippie magazine that, as far as I could tell, advocates for only two things. People eating more fruits/vegetables and some vague notion of "spiritual unity," both things I'm super down for. What I'm less down for: DISTINGUISHING YOURSELF FROM OTHER MIDDLE-CLASS WHITE PEOPLE WITH ARBITRARY INDIAN MIDDLE NAMES. It's like '90s wiggers calling themselves T. Dubz or something because they bought 'No Way Out' at the Wall a few weeks before and now 'things are different." Unnecessary.


BONUS: READ THE ALCOHOL DETOXIFYING BRACELET DESCRIPTION

*Elijah Dukes is a baseball player: He apparently left this voicemail with his wife two years ago:

"You dead, dawg," says an angry voice. "I ain't even bullshitting. Your kids, too."

No comments:

Google Analytics