Thursday, May 21, 2009

A VISIT FROM DAP: Baby Without a Brain Blog


Found this blog about a baby born without a brain. I wiki'd the condition Anencephaly (WARNING: GROSS). It made me realize why the baby on this blog is always wearing a hat. Human beings are disgusting and life is meaningless. The internet is fucking rad as shit though, I love it.

Here's the blog description:
My name is Myah. I'm 23 years old and a single mom to a very special little girl.

When I was 19 weeks pregnant, I was told that my baby had no brain. This condition is known as "anencephaly." I was told that my baby was only alive because she was attached to me, but that she couldn't survive on her own. The doctor said that I could continue the pregnancy safely, but that my baby would die shortly after being born. Or I could choose to terminate the pregnancy then, which would mean being induced at 20 weeks and letting my baby die without ever seeing or holding her (I don't even want to know what they do with babies in this case). Well, to some people this would be a difficult decision, but it wasn't for me. I knew there was nothing to gain by terminating the pregnancy and I already loved my daughter more than anyone else in the world. Even if she was unconscious like the doctors said and lived for only a few seconds or minutes --even if she was stillborn --it was worth it to me. And so we began our journey...

No comments:

Google Analytics