Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A VISIT FROM DAP: Milk, it does a boody hood

Hima posted one of my favorite things of all time a few months back, the wolf shirt page. That involved a tasteless/INCREDIBLE t-shirt with 'BORN TO ROAM' emblazoned on it. This is a one-gallon jug of Tuscan Whole Milk that Amazon allowed users to leave comments about.

Combine with other foods!, August 5, 2006
By J. Fitzsimmons (Milwaukee, Wi) - See all my reviews
Has anyone else tried pouring this stuff over dry cereal? A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Overrated "masterpiece", December 11, 2008
By TerretYeth (Eugene, OR) - See all my reviews
Serves me right for ordering art off the internet. I spoke with a customer representative about my Tuscan Whole Milk, and they assured me that the product will soon be available in different sizes and colors. I ordered the item believing I could exchange it if my decor didn't match, and I was dismayed to discover that the attractive Tuscan Whole Milk label only appears on one side. Its bulbous shape makes it unfit for wall hanging, and three sides of uniformly boring color (aside from the accenting red cap) make it impossible to display in the round. Purely a curio cabinet item, at least until alternative versions are designed. While the piece works conceptually, highlighting the dichotomy between consumerism and evanescence, it's practical realization is a disappointment. I'd recommend ordering a print, rather than the sculpture itself.

Be warned, there are about a thousand of these. Try and read one milk review a day for three years and then come see me.

1 comment:

Trespasser said...

Glad my review was helpful to your decision-making process. I first heard about Tuscan's work on NPR and was really excited about this young artist's vision.

They described him as the "Andy Warhol of the Refrigerator" and at first I was thrilled to see his pieces at such an affordable price, but when the work arrived I was saddened to see that his promise as an artistic luminary has not been realized. In a few more years he'll definitely be one to watch for in the New York circles, but right now I find his work tasteless and bland.

Google Analytics