Thursday, September 18, 2008

"We On That YouTube Listening To 1-Tweezy"

Now that work has slowed down a wee bit and this Lehman thing is getting clearer I can post about meaningless things that don't make me money. Prime example: YouTube videos that I like and haven't posted on. I won't include "Cupid", 112's classic hit, but I will divulge that the song "Different Schools" by Das Racist is based on a comment some 14 year old wrote for that video.

I'm in love with the girl on the right. It's not just her moves. It's the way she executes them. At about 35 seconds I realize she's probably very funny. I bet the morning after we would sit in bed and read the obituaries together, burning, eating cheeseburgers, and laughing about things. Her English would get better. My Portuguese would improve. The good life.


Television's Marquee Moon might be my favorite rock album of all time. It's definitely top three. Man, Richard Hell's the fucking man. If you ever have the opportunity to read Please Kill Me: An Oral History of Punk, do it. It's a series of interviews blended into stories of the beginnings of the post-Warhol punk scene in New York and is dripping of NYC depravity in the 70's and 80's. I had a video up on my facebook of Tom Verlaine trying to teach Richard Hell some part of Venus and him having no interest whatsover, looking hella zonked and joking around. They took that down so this will do: Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation


If you've ever wondered, this is what the Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell video will look like; Vick and I chilling in Jamaica, Queens, maybe at a Combination Baskin Robbins and Dunkin Donuts instead, rapping with some faux-Hype Williams video styling. This is the Grime equivalent of Thug Handles:


James Pants:


I put this up on my facebook back in the end of July. Why not again? This is how we roll in India.


Courtesy of Dap. The best line delivery of all time. "Please watch this 10x right now":


Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea would probably be in that top 3 rock albums list for me as well. Man. It's a shame these guys aren't around anymore. "is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away?"


What else? Early videos of the Management at Zonker Harris Day and Eclectic at Wesleyan?



And.......

The best rap battle ever.....

No comments:

Google Analytics