okay so I guess us Gordheads are doing our oblogatory (i get extra points for that one) year-end best-of lists, because if we don't, then we'll be immediately ejected out of the blogosphere, and sent into the greater internet void that lies beyond (the farmville-osphere). So I now submit for the approval of the Permanent Midnight Society:
(note: it's irrelevant whether the youtubes were produced or released in 2009 – it's that they were thrown up on GG this year. We outlive time, yo.)
• Best Youtube I Just Posted:
David Byrne Interviews David Byrne
Runner Up: Cecco Beppe (the thing with the futurist scratch-n-sniff cat)
• Best Youtube I Posted That Still Has An Absurdly Low View Count:
Dagsrevyen (description: "Music video, it is a murder ballad")
Runner Up: Eggroll on NY Public Access, 1987. Also James Brown's Japanese Miso Soup commercial.
• Best Music Video Only On Youtube:
Glitter Grit by Sharkula
Runner Up: The Passenger by a bunch of Dutch preteen girls
• Best Youtube I Posted That Someone Already Posted:
the She's Gone video by Hall n'f'n Oates [originally upped by heemz]
Runner Up: Hah! I only did this once! So far.
• Best Youtube I Totally Forgot to Post:
Andrew WK does the local weather
Runner Up: Robocop steals a Korean family's "fried chicken"
• Best Youtube Someone Else on GG Posted:
Floating Dog [via dap]
Runner Up: Highlights from Wildwood, NJ [VIA DAP AGAIN]
• Best Youtube Posted First on Everything Is Terrible:
Runner Up: Don't Talk to Strangers singalong 4 kidz!
• Still the Best Youtube of All Time:
Toby y Sheila (the beagle and the duck)
Runner Up: Let's Paint, Exercise, & Blend Drinks! all at once.
And in the technical categories:
• Best Interview (between two different people):
Dallas Penn and the Tron Guy on the Tron Economy.
• Best Concert Ever:
James Brown, Michael Jackson, and Prince
• Best Music Video (that was somehow released somewhere other than youtube):
Don't Cry by Guns n' Roses.
• Best Training Video:
REMEMBER SMENS for cops.
• Best Youtube Under 20 seconds:
TIE BETWEEN Arnold and Verhooven's DVD Commentary AND Four Seconds in the Life of Jordan Fish
That's it! Thanks for tuning in.