Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A VISIT FROM DAP: FLYING TO IMAGINARY VENUE

I had a dream that me, Hima, Ryder and an unidentified girl who said nothing during her short time in the dream and later disappeared, were headed to a Despot show in Greenpoint. The entire ride up to North Brooklyn (not sure where we were driving 'up' from) was almost completely deserted and looked nothing like it does in reality (aka REAL LIFE, SON). Anyway, we turn a corner onto Manhattan Avenue and it looked almost exactly like 14th street does between 5th and 6th avenue, except it was a lot grimier and just packed with people in their 20s. Hima pulls his car over for a second, which was like a 70s Dodge Dart or something and it stops running completely. Everyone was upset so I stepped out of the car and immediately started flying towards the venue but intermittently getting distracted and asking girls directions along the way. None of them seemed to mind or were alarmed that I was flying. I tried to get one to come to the venue, but I couldn't stop flying and she, alas, could not fly herself so I told her to meet me there, I remember. She was also wearing a billowy white dress and an olive branch-like thing on her head. Eventually I got to the venue, which was just a wide room with no stage where people of all ages were walking around, some banging drums and other people like throwing confetti and waving streamers in the air. I was looking for something to eat, I think.

5 comments:

JamesDewey said...

dap, what race are people in your dreams?

Dash Speaks on the Internet said...

i enjoyed reading that.

Dap said...

unless it's someone i already know, the race is always very ambiguous, i can rarely tell/remember or it's mixed up. that being said, white.

lineass said...

sounds like a pretty cool party.

G said...

yo, that unidentified chick, I hit it... shhh!

Google Analytics