Tuesday, October 6, 2009

\\\\\\\\\\music from himanshu

motherfuckers blocked my corporate computer from blogspot. today a partner at the firm asked me to look someone up on linkedin and i told him i couldn't because it was blocked on my computer. he chuckled. i already knew it was him because ishmael the afghani IT guy told me on the low it was him but the chuckle confirmed that shit. they blocked g chat and twitter too but I found a way around them jawns. anyway its a good think i have my blogger friends to pick up the slack. especially jordan fish - YO WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT CHILD BIRTH SHIT ABOUT LAST WEEK HOMIE? (I speak to jordan on here in this blog post because if you've yet to realize it this blog is more about us continuing to impress each other than impressing you, the four readers who aren't blogging here YET. Iss like a message board blog type thing.)

MUSIC -
"Jesus Christ" (the indie band) is the new musical collabo jawn from Tao Lin and Carles from Hipster Runoff. They're old buds apparently. Cool. I read that Shoplifting from American Apparel novella on the trip down from Montreal and actually dug it a lot, but I like everything. Actually, I only like South Asian authors so this was a step in the right direction. Here's their first song, highjacked from GvsB:

IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU WANT

Been bumping this remix/cover The XX did of that one song by Florence & The Machine for a minute. Iss like.... Burial-esque with dark steel drums + highpitched chops + 2-step island feel + 808. highjacked from pitchfork

THAT REMIX COVER TYPE THING BY THE XX

The homegirl Julianne who's my twitter homie and my favorite writer at the Fader put this up today and I likes it a lot. I stopped digging dance music a while ago though continued to rap on it (I AWNO YO) but lately I've been on quite a dubstep kick. I also never got sick of Burial. Is Burial dubstep? I still don't exactly know what dubstep is. About a year ago I started asking producers to make us dubstep beats without ever knowing what it was. SHIT IS GREAT THOUGH, so - highjacked from the fader =


WHEN I LOOK AT YOU


Here's a remix Jamie from The XX did of a Jack Penate jawn (via pasta primavera)-

JACK PENATE THE XX COVER

Since I mentioned Burial twice just now I should put up that Burial song every blog took down probably but they took them down and i dont want no street heat. if you really want it hit me up on g chat.

what else?

i dont know, im going to go drink now.

4 comments:

Mooner said...

O Himanshu you're like a lightning rod for the Zeitgeist. The height of cool!

I cant get enuf of that XX shit—good look.

Brandon Ruben said...

childbirth post was the best one so far in the history of GG blog

Dap said...

a real eye --AND THIGH-- opener? Am I right

-JOHNNY NAHMEANIK?

KOOL A.D. said...

johnny nahmeanik. that's a good one.

Google Analytics