Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Film: A Jihad For Love

I think my boy Ryder sent this over to me as a joke. Some kind of "gay indian" joke I suppose. I didn't mind because anyhting is better than Dan Reif's stupid Curry jokes. In any event, the film looks kind of cool.

"Fourteen centuries after the revelation of the holy Qur'an to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Islam today is the world's second largest and fastest growing religion. Muslim gay filmmaker Parvez Sharma travels the many worlds of this dynamic faith discovering the stories of its most unlikely storytellers: lesbian and gay Muslims.

Filmed over 5 1/2 years, in 12 countries and 9 languages, "A Jihad for Love" comes from the heart of Islam. Looking beyond a hostile and war-torn present, this film seeks to reclaim the Islamic concept of a greater Jihad, which can mean 'an inner struggle' or 'to strive in the path of God'. In doing so the film and its remarkable subjects move beyond the narrow concept of 'Jihad' as holy war."

1 comment:

G said...

I'm in the blog!!!!

It was a joke but I actually do want to see this movie.

I heard it's not exactly a gay (happy) ending. wait, what?

Google Analytics