Monday, August 18, 2008

Art: Made in Queens



Back in November of 2007, the Times ran a story on Guyanese and Trini kids in Queens that hook up insane sound systems to their bikes.

“It’s really big where I come from in Trinidad,” Mr. Ragbir said. “When I first came to New York, I started with two little speakers. People here thought I was crazy because no one here has really ever seen it, except maybe for some Spanish dudes with a radio strapped to their handlebars.”

These kids are hooking up 5,000 watts and 200-pound sound systems with 50-CD changers on their fucking BMXs. That's real cool until like 200 kids in the neighborhood have these pounding out T-Pain or Soca when you're trying to sleep. Luckily for me, I don't live in Richmond Hills.

Dood Randall Stevens has made a short about these doods, entitled Made in Queens.
Peep the trailer: http://madeinqueensfilm.com/film.html

No comments:

Google Analytics