Saturday, February 6, 2010

FROM THE ANNALS OF THE FLINTERNET...Gordon Gartrelle Class of 2002 High School Yearbook Quotes


"Go Pats!"
"Oh, isn't that beautiful? All the lowlifes in quiet city Boston start dropping dead and *you* think it's unrelated! Greenly, the day I want the Boston Police to do my thinking for me, I will have a fucking tag on my toe!"
- Boondock Saints
"The truth is you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."
- Eminem


"Up the motherfuckin' punx!"
"Young people everywhere have been allowed to choose between love and a garbage disposal unit. Everywhere they have chosen the garbage disposal unit."
- Guy Debord
"This machine kills fascists"
- Woody Guthrie


"Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man."
- Slater from Dazed and Confused
"You don't love me. You just love my doggy style."
- Snoop Dogg
"San Diemos High School football rules!"
- Bill and Ted


"It ain't no joke I'd like to buy the world a toke and teach the world to sing in perfect harmony"
- Smash Mouth
"Every day when you're brushing your teeth you have to look yourself right in the eyes and think, what kind of man am I going to be today?"
- Grandpa Sal, R.I.P
"I won't quit skating until I am physically unable."
- Tony Hawk


"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes."
- Tori Amos
"I swear to God this has got to be a joke."
- Sixteen Candles
"I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life. Nor to any part of my energy. Nor to any achievement of mine. No matter who makes the claim, how large their number or how great their need. I wished to come here and say that I am a (wo)man who does not exist for others."
- Howard Roark


"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts."
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
"I wish it was the sixties, I wish I could be happy, I wish, I wish, I wish that something would happen."
- Radiohead
"...the point of public relations slogans like "Support Our Troops" is that they don't mean anything [...] that's the whole point of good propaganda. You want to create a slogan that nobody is gonna be against and I suppose everybody will be for, because nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean anything. But its crucial value is that it diverts your attention from a question that does mean something, do you support our policy? And that's the one you're not allowed to talk about."
- Noam Chomsky


"I get satisfaction of three kinds. One is creating something, one is being paid for it, and one is the feeling that I haven't just been sitting on my ass all afternoon."
- William F. Buckley, Jr.
"Pardon me while I burst into flames, I've had enough of the world and it's people's mindless games. Pardon me while I burn and rise above the flame. Pardon me, pardon me, I'll never be the same."
- Incubus
"I just wanted to say that I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds. I mean uh, all our lives we've been laughed at and made to feel inferior. And tonight, those bastards, they trashed our house. Why? Cause we're smart? Cause we look different? Well, we're not. I'm a nerd, and uh, I'm pretty proud of it."
- Revenge of the Nerds (best movie ever!)



"It is the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It's seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor's teepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health."
- Daniel Quinn
"When are you going to learn that you can't trust anybody, not even yourself?"
- The Wild Bunch
Voted: "Most Likely to Secede." (thanks a lot, pranksters from the History Club!)


"Pain is weakness leaving the body."
- US Marine Corps
"Bitches, I like 'em brainless. Guns, I like them stainless."
- Notorious BIG
"I never fucked anybody over in my life didn't have it coming to them. You got that? All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. Do you understand? That piece of shit up there, I never liked him, I never trusted him. For all I know he had me set up and had my friend Angel Fernandez killed. But that's history. I'm here, he's not. Do you wanna go on with me, you say it. You don't, then you make a move."
- Scarface


"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."
- Steve Jobs
"May you live in interesting times."
- Ancient Chinese Proverb
"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth."
- Friedrich Nietzche

7 comments:

Dap said...

My actual yearbook quote, which was left unprinted by a yearbook editor who blamed me for tearing some signs off a wall (which I didn't do, amazingly enough), was "never been dumped/cause I'm known the most mackinest/never been jumped, cause I'm known the most packingest" from Paul's Boutique, which years later....

Andrew said...

I have to admit that I actually did use Radiohead for my quote. I don't know why I overlooked Paul's Boutique as a source of inspiration. I guess youth really is wasted on the young. Sigh.

CF Edley said...

Jesus. The only true thing about a bostonian really is that they are from boston. Good point. Point taken.

Andrew said...

Edley, are you really from Boston? I based the quotes purely on the little photos. Guess I hit the nail on the head. Go Pats!

JORDAN NATHANIEL FISH said...

my quote was "wait 3 minutes before restarting air conditioner" -Emerson Quiet Cool

CF Edley said...

jordan went to quiet school ?

Andrew said...

Yeah. That's why he's so soft spoken. I went to drunk school. That's why my punctuation is inconsistent.

Google Analytics