* Update: If you only download one of these, let it be the last one... for real.
2) I came across Music Go Music and their "penchant for extremely dramatic disco/prom-pop sagas" on GorillaVsBear, where I come across most new music I dig. Dude Chris from GVB's taste is very eclectic though it still hits everything I think is worth listening to: rap, dance music, occasionally singer-songwriter-type fucks, straightforward indie rock, ambient stuff, reissues of bands you find while digging through crates, anything related to Animal Collective, and great bands led by girls - like Music Go Music who've been compared to ELO a lot. Their frontwoman, Gala Bell, may or may not be from Bodies of Water. Peep these three joints:
- Light of Love, via label Secretly Canadian, is infectious as shit and I can't get it out of my brain.
- Reachout, via Gorilla Vs Bear, is an epic little jawn that sounds, as GvsB put it, like it's off the Xanadu soundtrack. This is a good thing apparently?
- Warm in the Shadows, via Secretly Canadian, is much more of a dance song than what you'd expect from these guys and it's still fucking great.